Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Uncoolness

I got to meet arguably my single favorite voice in the blogosphere tonight, Matt Yglesias who blogs for Atlantic.com and just wrote a kick ass book on American foreign policy called "Head in the Sand".

We were both at a DC zoning board hearing to discuss city parking (partying like a rock-star I am), and I talked to him for a quick minute as we were leaving. I was shocked to learn that he's a year younger than me (he's 27), and that he's kind of a dork, which is in no way a bad thing. Though I don't know if I'm one to be throwing stones in that area, as I'm the one talking about how sweet it is that I randomly met my favorite blogger.

Regardless, I thought it was really cool, and hope I get the chance to run into him in the future.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Omigod, Matt is so dreamy! Did you get his autograph!? You're so lucky!

I do agree, however, Matt Yglesias is one of my favorite bloggers as well. I was aware, however, of how detestiably young he is. From reading political blogs and just trying to keep updated, DC sure seems like a small damn town.

Anonymous said...

Did you kiss on the mouth?