Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Extinct Blog of the Day

Today's blog was designed for deaf Ron Paul fans, and has a long list of Ron Paul Youtube videos containing captions.

The Ron Paul phenomenon was among the most bizarre domestic political movements I've experienced. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that a million members of the body politic came out of the woodwork to participate in an electoral contest, and raised an absolute ton of money for a lost cause, but Ron Paul? It wasn't so much the level of support, as it was the demographics of where the support was coming from. On my college campus I was accosted by more than a couple dread-sporting trustafarians with the look of revolution in their eyes, practically begging me to enter the fold.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that Paul was a madman and that they wouldn't even agree with most of his policy positions if they actually knew what they were. Usually, I just said I was happy to see folks who cared enough to encourage people to participate in our democratic processes, and told them they might have more in common with Obama, and to keep him in mind in the general election if the Republican nomination thing didn't work out.

No comments: