Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slick Willy Running Diary

I'll be doing a running diary of Bill's speech tonight. I'm as interested in its contents and tone as any other speech during the convention, with the possible exception of Obama's in the stadium tomorrow night.

In my estimation much rests on both of them, because as contrived as they might be, conventions matter, and from my observation post the first half of this one has been lackluster.

I'll do my unleveled best to get the running diary and tonight's recap up as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

PW said...

Well, it would probably be better to wait this post on your main review, but I'll put it here anyway. I thought Bill nicely displayed why he was elected president, indeed, almost made me wish he could have been nominated again. On the whole, the caliber of speeches tonight was the strongest so far (although still strangely filled with vocal missteps...) but Bill was by far the strongest. He should have let Hillary borrow his writers.

Good luck working through the night, or whatever you are up to dp.