Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dog Bites Man

The New York Times brings us the startling news that Obama is putting together a transition team that’s made up of people who were closely associated with the Clinton White House, people who were tangentially associated with it and people who were not involved in it. Good to know.

Obama won a very close and very contentious primary this spring. It’s good that he’s pulling in some Clinton people to help set up his government, but I doubt we’ll be seeing too many that were closely associated with the Clintons in major posts, Rahm Emanuel excepted. It’s pretty much exactly what you’d expect. Obama is bridging from the old new Democratic Party to the new new Democratic Party. I’ll be curious to see who he picks, although I don’t know enough about the people to really have an opinion on most appointments. I’ll be learning something new, I guess.

No comments: