Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Extinct Blog of the Day

Today's blog is hosted by Oakley C. Merideth (I insist you to follow that link and check out his bio), winner of the "2004 NM Culture Net Poetry WebSlam". Oakley has "always wanted to ride a horse while holding the severed head of a mythical behemoth while my father shouts “Callooh! Callay!” (and really, who hasn't)"

He hosted a poetry blog for "Santa Fe Arts and Culture" (I further insist that PW follow this link, for a reason that should become obvious). Though he has managed only one post in the last 2+ years, I think it's safe to say that his legend will never die. I actually tried to get someone to do a weekly or bi-weekly poetry post a while back, though they politely declined (I should try again, as they recently quit their job to move abroad).

Regardless, I would like to appoint Oakley C. Merideth the official Poet Laureate of TPBP, and I insist (my third insistence this post for those of you keeping track at home) that this honor feature prominently in Oakley C. Merideth's CV.

No comments: