Saturday, July 26, 2008

Featured Extinct Blog of the Day

After considering my friend's abandoned blog I concluded that there must be a very large number of blogs that have been similarly retired. Thus I have decided to start the "Featured Extinct Blog of the Day" post. In these postings I will share with my throngs of readers inactive blogs that I come across that are (probably) completely ridiculous or (perhaps) worth checking out.

Today's featured extinct blog belongs to Judge Jru, a thirty year old "self appointed fourth judge of the Idol" who bravely took it upon (himself?) to blog, in great detail, American Idol.

Unfortunately Jru, in addition to getting a "big boy" job, was simply becoming "burned out" during season 6 of Idol, and simply felt that "Whenever I sit down to watch the Idol, it doesn't feel like fun. It feels like a chore." Judge Jru, you see, had "lost (his) Idol-Joy".

This was Jru's second retirement, so perhaps there's hope for a comeback. Perhaps we should all contact Jru at judgejru@gmail.com and let him know that his legend has not died. Or perhaps we should simply mock him. I may well do both.

If anyone out there has any future suggestions for "Featured Extinct Blog of the Day" please feel free to bring them to my attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought "what could be sadder than not just watching american idol season 1-6, but commentating your thoughts as you watch every minute of it?" Then I saw there were comments on his blogs. What's sadder you ask? Watching american idol and reading a blog that someone is writing about american idol as they watch it.

Also....6 seasons??? That's where you draw the line???

Claudia said...

I just posted on my blog so that you don't make fun of it next.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...and then there are those of us who comment on the people commenting on the thoughts of the dude who has watched 6 seasons of American Idol.

What's my excuse?
I live in Ohio.

DP said...

Be not ashamed my loyal readers...er reader.