Friday, August 22, 2008

Vice Presidents Ahoy!

I agree with DP, I don’t much care one way or another about the vice presidential picks coming out soon. My guess is that it’ll be Biden – he seems to have to most momentum behind his name at the moment. And, I see that Marc Ambinder is reporting a chartered flight from Chicago to Delaware. I think, on the whole, Biden is a good choice. Of the ones being considered right now, he may be the best – definitely better than Bayh, who I have an intense dislike for for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on. And, David Brooks wants it to be Biden, but I won’t hold that against him.

As far as McCain goes, I think it’ll be Romney. Lieberman would be an interesting pick, but I think McCain is far too concerned with keeping the base satisfied to pick a former Democrat, no matter how many times he’s attacked his former party. On the whole, I hope he does pick Lieberman, if for no other reason than I think it will hurt McCain’s chances electorally.

No comments: