Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Ringing Silence

So, any regular reader of this blog will by now have discerned that I live in one of this year's battleground states, and as such have been -deluged- for the last month with political media. I was getting three or four robocalls a day, plus a series of increasingly nasty mailers, often again three or four a day, pertaining to the state representative race for this district.

The thing is, I've already voted, in accordance with my state's arcane (and increasingly litigated) voting laws. My last call from the Obama camp was last Friday, when I explained to the nice man at the other end of the line why it was that in fact, I didn't require any of the Senator's resources to get me to a polling place in November. It was like flipping a switch. I haven't received a call from either party in over a week now.

If I could just figure out how to turn off the mailers...

No comments: