Monday, November 3, 2008

Alaska Death Trip

Just got back from a long trip and it seems like not a whole lot changed over the long weekend I was away. The presidential race is still remarkably stable, which bodes well for Obama. One piece of news that I found when I got back was that one of Ted Stevens’ jurors apparently lied about her father dying so she could get out of the trial to go to a horse race in Kentucky.

I’ve only ever been called for jury duty once. I went in, bright and early, and waited with the other potential jurors. I was actually interested and wanted to do it, unlike most of the people you hear about. Well, I was only there for half an hour – they took twenty or so people, not including me, and then dismissed the rest of us. Ah, well. I didn’t even have a horse race to get to.

No comments: