Sunday, December 14, 2008

TPBP Week in Review

It's been far too long. Whether it was the job, my peerless status as a DC socialite, or just my disposition, I have neglected to provide my faithful reader(s) with an update on the community that is TPBP.

Fitting we should resurrect this weekly posting with a combination of hellos and a good-bye. First off, a hearty hello to our newest addition to TPBP, poster 'manfish'. Hopefully you caught his first post, and if not you should keep your eye out for subsequent ones, which I believe will always be on Sunday, and will explore all things musical.

Also in the hello category, Aaron reportedly re-entered U.S. airspace yesterday, and should begin posting again soon.

As far as good-byes, I'd like to wish my friend Dave a hearty one. Dave's own (and much more professional looking) blog resides here, and can be visited anytime through a link on the right side bar of this blog. I met Dave while in grad school, and got to hang out with him in DC quite a bit the last few months, while we were both working in DC. Alas, it's back to school for Dave now that his internship's over. He'll be missed, as I don't yet have enough friends in DC not to observe the departure of a good one. On a strictly professional note, you should keep your eye on this kid. He's ridiculously young, but he's got the magic touch.

The numbers are these: Traffic is down folks. I won't lie to you. But, posting's down too, so we won't be casting blame. Only 16 posts this week which isn't awful, but far from great. The bright side is that this coming week will be my last week at my current job. After that I'll have a couple of weeks off during which I'm hoping to write 10K words/week, and be posting far more frequently. I'll be doing a longer piece on my hometown as well. All this, with the return of Aaron, and I think we're in good shape moving forward.

Onto the reader awards:
Comment of the week: Mine, from this post. You don't like it? It's self serving you say? Tough. Make a kick ass comment and maybe I won't have to give this award (and the glorious prizes that accompany it) to myself.
Commenter of the week: The dreaded 'anonymous', I guess. We only had 12 total comments, 6 of which were on 'manfish's music post, and most of them were anonymous. Don't be scared! Insults, thoughtful additions, commentary, they all work.

On behalf of myself, Aaron, and PW, thanks to all of you that stopped by to make TPBP part of your lives this past week. Hope you stop by in the week to come.

4 comments:

PW said...

Could you provide more details on the glorious prizes you've awarded yourself, o keeper of the admin keys?

DP said...

As a multiple time former winner, you should be more than aware. For the rest of you, think Scrooge McDuck's money vault.

Anonymous said...

I'm too retarded to comment on most of your posts.

DP said...

Nick: I don't believe that for a moment. And remember, a well timed insult is as good as anything.